[linux-audio-user] Muse strange problem with WAV play

Robert Jonsson robert.jonsson at dataductus.se
Wed Dec 17 04:53:48 EST 2003

onsdagen den 17 december 2003 10.48 skrev krozilo at nm.ru:
> Hi!
>
> now i use muse 0.6.2, jack 0.9.
> i create new wave track, import wav file and try to play.
> the first time ok, but no sound on other times.
> when i press stop button during the playing, press <- button (go to start
> of song) and again press play, then muse play wav-track, but from the point
> of prev stop, not from the start of the wav-track. midi-tracks work ok.

Hi,

I would very much like to know abit more about the components of your system.
E.g. compiler version, alsa version, qt-version, distribution etc.

There is probably a printout in the console "FIFO underrun..." when this
happens.

I have observed this behaviour myself and we are not sure about the cause yet,
it's very annoying.

> re-importing wav file and re-starting muse hasn't effect. only remove *.wca
> file.
>
> what is my mistake?

Sorry, I don't there is a mistake on your part, just an annoying bug.

/Robert