[linux-audio-user] Re:Changing ALSA driver.

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Wed Dec 17 10:56:45 EST 2003

Rmmod does (think it will) remove the driver. It will not, however, end the
association of that driver with the sound card. Using the sound card
configuring routine simply goes back to the erroneous maestro. If I manually
change it, it exits complaining that the sndconfig entries are already
there. All that is is an alias snd.... = maestro.

I have two other devices around as well:

1. USB Roland MIDI. This appears to have been configured so I need some
quick way of testing it out. Maybe I'll just start up rosegarden and see if
it receives anything.

2. SW60XG ISA sound card. This uses no IRQ or DMA, just a settable port
address. The card is supposed to be accessible using an mpu401 driver. How
might I set this one up.