[linux-audio-user] The trouble with disks

eviltwin69 at cableone.net eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Thu Dec 18 07:25:14 EST 2003

John,

    First, is your data disk separate from your system disk?  If not, this could be part of your problem.  Second, what FS are you using?  Ext3 is a bad choice since it puts the journal in a different location from the file.  I would recommend using Reiserfs for your data partition.  XFS might even be better but I haven't seen any tests on it yet.  Ext2 is better than ext3 but still not as good as Reiserfs.  Another thing, turn off syslogd, crond, etc before recording.

Jan