[linux-audio-user] Routing emu10k1 wavetable through JACK-Rack?

Thorsten Mika tmika at t-online.de
Sat Dec 20 11:08:12 EST 2003

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 12:12:13 +0000
tim hall <tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk> wrote:

> On Wednesday 17 December 2003 08:49, Thorsten Mika wrote:
> > as a user of a "low end" machine (duron 1Ghz, 256MB)

> So 1G processors are 'low end' now? Heaven help the rest of us!

I do not really think they are "low end". But my experience with jack,
fluidsynth and timidity tells me that it reliable low latency is not
possible. Best thing I can achieve is a latency of 92,9ms (as I said,
with Duron 1Ghz and 256MB RAM). Setting the laten cy lower leads to JACK
"throwing out" apps like ZynAddSubFX.

Or is anybody able to get better results with hardware like this?

  t.

Thorsten Mika                                  mailto: tmika at t-online.de
Hamm / Germany                                               TM5173-RIPE

Public Key ID: 41338C37 -- http://www.keyserver.net