[linux-audio-user] JACK low latency performance

Jack O'Quin joq at io.com
Mon Dec 22 12:27:22 EST 2003

Vincent Touquet <vincent.touquet at pandora.be> writes:

> I was wondering how the Darwin kernel compared to the Linux kernel ?
> Any people running jack on OS X ?  At least the jackit.sf.net site
> states that it runs on OS X, but I have yet to hear on how it
> actually performs on OS X. I would hope that the OS X kernel was at
> least a bit more tuned to low latency multimedia work than a vanilla
> 2.4 or 2.6 ?

Haven't seen any answer to these questions.  I wonder about it, too.

I suspect that there are very few JACK users on OS X.  The Mac port is
months behind current JACK versions.  I believe Stephane Letz, who did
the original port, has been busy with other things.

I wish I had money to spend on one of those nice, pricey Apple boxes.
I'd love to play around with it myself.  Plus, I'm a big fan of
PowerPC and would like to run Linux on it, too.

Isn't *anybody* running JACK on Mac OS/X?
--
  joq