[linux-audio-user] Suitable distro for audio works: Debian Stable -> Unstable

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Thu Dec 25 04:56:26 EST 2003

On Thursday 25 December 2003 08:46, Erik Steffl wrote:
>   I am using unstable (pretty much all the time, except of short period
> when I tried testing) and can't see any reason why bothering with mixing
>   various versions (stable, testing, unstable).

There is no reason why most people would need to do this under normal
circumstances, I agree. It is, however, possible - and there's no harm in
finding out more about how apt works. :-) I'm running testing/unstable so I
can keep up to date with sound applications without having to update
everything else all the time. It makes sense to me, it doesn't have to make
sense to anyone else because I wouldn't recommend it as a course of action.

I also find synaptic works well as a package manager in this situation.

cheers

tim hall