[linux-audio-user] Re:Compiling!

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Sun Dec 28 15:45:56 EST 2003

Carlos,

> liblrdf: error -  - file '/root/.ardour//sfdb' open failed - No such

This indicates that no sfdb [sound file database] file exists for root.
It is possible that one exists for you as a user, perhaps you can locate
it in /home/$USER/.ardour/ and put it in your /root/.ardour/ folder if
you want to run Ardour as root.

Incidentally, SFDB is a seperate application, and can be found here:
http://www.equalarea.com/paul/las.html
Just in case you want to, oh-I-dunno, maybe read some documentation on it???

Once again, recompiling your kernel with capabilties should get rid of
all those problems. The only other hitch I can see is if you have no
sfdb file as a user either, in which case you would be advised to get
Paul's sfdb tarball and check the docs for the proper format of how to
make one by hand.

More help on this topic can be gotten from the Ardour list, where I just
pulled up this link to SFDB.

more good luck,
D.

--