[linux-audio-user] Recording from SPDIF with Audiophile

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Wed Dec 31 04:05:21 EST 2003

Hi Hippie,

On Tuesday 30 December 2003 22:22, lau at hippie-online.de wrote:
> I still try to record a DAT signal. In the meantime I installed a
> M-Audio Audiophile 2496 as card 0. I can configure it using
> envy24control (alsa 0.9.0) and route the signal to the mixer or directly
> to the outputs.

Why are you using such an old version of alsa?
Perhaps this is the way SuSE does it (?:-)

> But how can I record the data?

What do you mean by 'data'? If you just want the data, surely there is some
kind of way of 'mounting' the tape drive directly - As if it was a Tape
ARchive and then using standard tools to copy it where you want it - 'dd' ?

> Programs like Audacity or krecord do not
> "hear" it. What do I do wrong?

I can't 'hear' it either, but then I am a long way away from your computer.
:-]
You probably haven't read enough, and my experience is that it's easy to
overcomplicate matters. There may be a simpler solution. Oh yeah, and you
need to ask clearer questions.

Hang Loose

tim hall