[linux-audio-user] using jack-rack as real time effects processor.

janne halttunen jhalttun at pp.htv.fi
Sat Feb 1 06:47:01 EST 2003

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003 18:59:40 +0000
jordan muscott <jordan at no-future.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 31 Jan 2003 20:09:44 +0200
> janne halttunen <jhalttun at pp.htv.fi> wrote:
>
> > > echoed to the output ( as per normal ), or I get hideous feedback.
> >
> > That's perfectly normal. (for what I know)  You just have to balance
> > the line-in and PCM out levels, so that you get the effect but not the
> > feedback.
>

> hmm, i've kind of got somewhere, very unsatisfactory though. Is there
> no way of completely getting rid of the dry signal? It seems

Yeah, I've so far experimented with some reverbs&stuff which needed the dry signal around. :)  But, I noted that when I tried to get rid of it, muting line-in at my OSS-mixer cutted the input signal also.  So, I ran "alsamixer" in console, set capture (with space in kbd) to line-in, then muted it (with "M"), and it worked.

janne