[linux-audio-user] Planet CCRMA

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano nando at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Sat Feb 1 16:56:01 EST 2003

On Sat, 2003-02-01 at 13:10, Steve Harris wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 03:31:04 -0800, Brian Redfern wrote:
> > I have Planet CCRMA running nicely on my dell laptop. You probably need to
> > use the ACAPI kernel to get actual low latency, that's how it was for mine
> > (whihc I got last year).
>
> Whats special about the ACAPI kernel? I have a dell 8100 and the latency
> is v. bad, but I thought that was just the crappy Maestro 3i soundcard.

That's a typo, should be ACPI. It includes a more complete ACPI
subsystem that is necessary in some laptops to, for example, correctly
route interrupts. In mine, without it, sound does not work at all. I
don't know if it could potentially have any impact in latency, probably
not. It greatly improves sound in mine :-)

-- Fernando