[linux-audio-user] Planet CCRMA

Ismael Valladolid Torres ismaeval at terra.es
Mon Feb 3 15:46:00 EST 2003

El lunes 03 de febrero de 2003 a las 13:14:36, Alexandre Prokoudine escribió:
> May be. I have Dell Latitude Cpt400 and IO cannot run ALSA for that
> soundcard (Neomagic 256) which is bad (no low latency, no MIDI)

I'm trying to run ALSA 0.9rc7 in exactly the same laptop model. Two nasty
points, I must load the snd-nm256 module before X loads (RAM memory is
shared between video and sound card, and modprobe locks the computer
otherwise) and what seems more strange to me, I must raise levels
using an OSS mixer each time I boot the computer, or I don't have
sound at all. Alsamixer only works after this. Any more experiences?

Regards, Ismael
--
Ismael Valladolid Torres <ismaeval at terra.es>
http://es.geocities.com/ivalladt