[linux-audio-user] Uhm, low latency?

felipe filippo at email.it
Tue Feb 4 04:36:01 EST 2003

Ok, ok =)

Thanks everybody for the answers, now I'm a little less confused maybe. I just
wanted to make it clear that

1) *I* did echo "1" >/proc/sys/kernel/lowlatency, thus "virtually" enabling
lowlatency, infact I can't say wether it is really enbled or not just because
I've set that to 1 instead of 0.

2) Those xruns I get are so many! And I get them even when I'm absolutely
idle, ie. not recording and the such.

3) Anybody knows where do I get that capabilities patch? I'd prefer to compile
the kernel myself...

* * *

Question to Fernando: thanks for the Planet CCRMA project, I've tried out some
rpm's in my tests partition with mandrake. But what's the difference between
CCRMA and the soon-to-be-released (maybe) RehMuDi? Aren't them more or less
the same thing? As far as I know DeMuDi (debian version) and RehMuDi (redhat
version) have lowlatency kernels together with the same large deal of
multimedia software.

For you debian fans out there, I simply added this line:
deb http://http.demudi.org woody demudi
to my sources.list and now I have demudi packages in my apt database :)

Thanks everybody for existing