[linux-audio-user] enhanced CD--update

Anthony Perez-Miller aperezmi at indiana.edu
Wed Feb 5 12:10:00 EST 2003

Hello all,

Thank you for all the advice on how to access the tracks on the Peter
Gabriel disc.  As it turns out...I missed the obvious.

Unlike usual music CDs, this one has to be mounted (as Alexandre
Prokoudine pointed out).  Once mounted, the audio tracks are visible, after
all.  Grip using cdparanoia turned them to ogg files without a complaint.

Can't guarantee that it will be that easy for all encoded CDs,
unfortunately.  But at least I'll be looking at the fine print before
purchase from now on.

thanks again,

--Anthony