[linux-audio-user] Just how bad is USB audio?

iriXx m at irixx.org
Thu Feb 6 06:39:00 EST 2003

Frank Barknecht wrote:

>>The M-Audio Quattro has MIDI, but is too pricey for you.
>

> I *might* shell out a bit more eventually.

i would reccomend it then... when i bought mine i saw it as an
investment... then again with my kind of work i have use for the 4
outputs particularly...

one thing about the Quattro is it isnt bus-powered, its mains powered
... this i find helps because its less of a drain on my modest little
thinkpad 600E... (PII 366Mhz, 224Mb ram)... but for portability's sake i
did enjoy trying out the Edirol UA-3 - if you're not likely to want as
many inputs, and if you want something thats really light to carry
around with you and has bus power... then i'd suggest going with the
UA-3... cant remember what the UA-20 is, i dont think i got that one on
review but it might fit the bill better....

i had absolutely no problems running the UA-3 once i had usb-audio set
up too,... just plug it in, get alsa up and running, and go....

m~

--
iriXx
www.iriXx.org

copyleft: creativity, technology and freedom?
info at copyleftmedia.org.uk
www.copyleftmedia.org.uk

  _
( )  ascii ribbon against html email