[linux-audio-user] ALSAModularSynth

Dr. Matthias Nagorni mana at suse.de
Thu Feb 6 07:00:01 EST 2003

On Tue, 4 Feb 2003 manuel.op.de.coul at eon-benelux.com wrote:

> I think it's a nice idea to add support for scale files to
> the M_quantizer class (and remove the 12-tET restriction).
> See http://www.xs4all.nl/~huygensf/scala/scl_format.html

Yes, yes, yes !!! This is already on my TODO list. And I intend to implement
also an advanced MCV module (MIDI to control voltage) with support for
Scala. The 1V/Octave CV approach of ams should make the implementation
quite easy.

BTW ams has moved to http://alsamodular.sourceforge.net/
There are also user and devel mailing lists. Please ignore the CVS for a
while...

BTW I have a vintage digital piano at home (Yamaha PF2000) which
offers a lot of different Scales. I have not seen this interesting
feature in any other digital piano since then.

Matthias

--
Dr. Matthias Nagorni
SuSE GmbH