[linux-audio-user] Planet CCRMA

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Thu Feb 6 09:59:00 EST 2003

On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 12:42:34PM +0100, Ismael Valladolid Torres wrote:
> El mi?rcoles 05 de febrero de 2003 a las 21:23:33, Alexandre Prokoudine escribi?:
> > Once I will get rid of this laptop, I promise :-/
>
> I wasn't aware that alsamixer had keys for muting and unmuting... :P
>
> This NM256ZX works now for playing. However, it records awfully,
> something like digital noise, ring-modulated, and any human voice
> sounding like Billy Bob Thornton's (well, is this a problem, anyway?).

This is a "feature" of the NM256 family :(
My old Dell Latitude with a 256AV sounds exactly like that.
It also hangs the system about 2 out of 3 times that I load it.
Takashi did some work on the drivers and it got better for a while
(hanging 1 out of 10 times), but with recent ALSA CVS it's bad again :(

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com