[linux-audio-user] Interuptions While Recording

Ismael Valladolid Torres ismaeval at terra.es
Fri Feb 7 09:59:01 EST 2003

El viernes 07 de febrero de 2003 a las 03:37:23, linuxmedia4 at netscape.net escribió:
> Does this means it only capable of 100 MB/sec Data Transfer Rate?

That means the interface is only capable of a 100 MB/sec
bandwith. Nothing to do this with the speed of the hard drive. The
interface is the road, the wider and better built, the more and faster
the cars it can handle. The hard drive itself is the car in this case.

> And does this even have much of a bearing on the interuptions I'm
> having?

I bet what you are suffering is the common audio dropouts in common
chipsets for AMD processors caused by their poor PCI implementation.

Is your chipset a VIA or a SiS one?

http://www.tecchannel.de/hardware/817/index.html

Regards, Ismael
--