[linux-audio-user] Sound on Sound, and Home Recording Magazine

R Parker rtp405 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 7 14:45:01 EST 2003

Hi,

--- pawL <pawl at attbi.com> wrote:
> Wow I would LOVE to have Cubase running on Linux.

It would be wonderful to pay $800.00 for a single user
licensed Cubase that runs within Linux. It's
especially encouraging to know that they'd shield us
from those pesky software developers to whom us users
provide backtraces on bugs and feature requests.

Another encouraging benefit would be the inherint
excitement of wondering about the state of development
and scheduling of releases for bug fixes. And if
Steinberg is really on their game, they could charge
us $50.00 for "minor" updates. I don't know about you
but, I am mortified by the prospects of subscribing to
dev, user, and announcment lists where I daily read
about bug fixes and feature additions, let alone being
lured into participating by having my thoughts for
solutions requested for by developers. I'm sure
Steinberg would happily shield us from those damned
annoying developers. Gawd it'd be great!

Let's get a petition going.

I keep people away from my wallet by not bathing. I
think of it as my Stink-shield. It works like a charm.
Maybe I could copyright the term
"Cubase-User-Stink-Shield (CUSS)" and grant Steinberg
a license for usury. I think it'd be a great tool for
their marketing department; "Now Includes CUSS, a
superior alternative to the GPL--a firewall that frees
the user community from the program developers."

Ah screw it. I'll just sit here and get drunk.

ron "CUSS" parker