[linux-audio-user] guitar effects, distortion, amp simulation

Raoul Bönisch jkl345 at gmx.net
Sat Feb 8 11:06:00 EST 2003

Hello!

I connect my active guitar directly to my soundcard line in plug
and get a great clean guitar sound. This way I can easily apply
nice effects to the guitar sound.

I haven't found a really great distortion effect
though. Does anybody know where to get one? On
http://plugin.org.uk/ladspa-swh/docs/ladspa-swh.html and
http://www.ladspa.org/cmt there are some distortion effects, but
I can't manage to get a great sound with them. Perhaps somebody
knows the proper plugin parameters to use?

The sound may not be really great because I don't use any amplifier
or box simulation.  How exactly do these simulations work? Where can
I get them for Linux? If at all possible in form of a LADSPA plugin.

Thanks for your help.

	ra