[linux-audio-user] disabling a midiport

Anthony avan at uwm.edu
Mon Feb 10 13:52:00 EST 2003

* Clemens Ladisch <clemens at ladisch.de> [Feb 10 03 03:43]:
> Anthony wrote:
> > I have an onboard cmipci without a midi port. However, aconnect always
> > shows the mpu401 that the chipset supports. Is there a module option
> > to disable this so i don't see it?
>
> mpu_port=-1
> (see alsa-kernel/Documentation/ALSA-Configuration.txt)

Thanks, but this is not an option of the cmipci module:

"Starting sound driver: snd-cmipci Warning: ignoring mpu_ports=-1, no
such parameter in this module."

There is no similar option under modinfo. Should it with a different
module? I see a lot of options in the documentation that no longer
seem to be supported in the current cvs. Things like enable_midi, etc...

--ant