[linux-audio-user] M-Audio Audiophile

Joshua N Pritikin vishnu at pobox.com
Wed Feb 12 02:08:00 EST 2003

On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 07:36:41AM -0500, Samuel S Chessman wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Jan 2003, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:
> > i got my new Audiophile 2496 installed with Alsa 0.9.0rc5.  i have
> > an external A/D converter and the SPDIF light is lit, meaning
> > that the card is working.
> >
> > alsamixer shows *lots* of controls.  What do they all do?
>
> I have had good luck with the AP 2496.  I'm not using the spdif.
> I use envy24control to get the card into working configuration, and
> then alsactl {store,restore} keeps me from fiddling with it much.

After fighting the BIOS for a few days, i finally got my card working.

> Jack does a good job with this card.

What sample format does this driver accept?  i tried signed 16 bit
little endian 44.1k & 48k stereo but it says "Sample format non
available".

Do i need anything special in my .asoundrc?

--
Victory to the Divine Mother!!         after all,
  http://sahajayoga.org                  http://why-compete.org