[linux-audio-user] M-Audio Audiophile

Rick Taylor ricktaylor at speakeasy.net
Wed Feb 12 06:47:00 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-02-12 at 02:20, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Joshua N Pritikin hat gesagt: // Joshua N Pritikin wrote:
>
> > What sample format does this driver accept?  i tried signed 16 bit
> > little endian 44.1k & 48k stereo but it says "Sample format non
> > available".
>
> The Audiophile (and all envy24 cards, AFAIK) does only accept a
> certain format directly. I don't know at the moment, which one it was,
> but I doesn't have a samplerate of 44.1k for sure. That's why alsa has

 Mine opens just about everything. If it won't open something of a
specific sample rate or bit depth... switch the settings on the card {or
check your application settings}. If that doesn't work... has it got
some sort of compression {your file}?
--
Rick Taylor <ricktaylor at speakeasy.net>
The Dispossessed