[linux-audio-user] M-Audio Audiophile

Rick Taylor ricktaylor at speakeasy.net
Wed Feb 12 18:30:01 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-02-12 at 10:52, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hi,
> Rick Taylor schrieb:
> > On Wed, 2003-02-12 at 02:20, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> > > The Audiophile (and all envy24 cards, AFAIK) does only accept a
> > > certain format directly. I don't know at the moment, which one it was,
> > > but I doesn't have a samplerate of 44.1k for sure. That's why alsa has
> >
> >  Mine opens just about everything. If it won't open something of a
> > specific sample rate or bit depth... switch the settings on the card {or
> > check your application settings}.
>
> You are probably using the plugin layer in ALSA. It automatically converts
> formats so that the hardware can cope with it.

 Works the same way in windows. As far as I know, Alsa does PCM {all of
its cards}

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/alsa/alsa-driver/doc/SOUNDCARDS?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/plain

 Envy cards need envy24control for the settings.

Manual and propaganda:
http://www.midiman.com/products/m-audio/audiophile.php
--
Rick Taylor <ricktaylor at speakeasy.net>