[linux-audio-user] Interuptions While Recording

Jack O'Quin joq at io.com
Wed Feb 12 18:32:00 EST 2003

linuxmedia4 at netscape.net writes:

> I guess I don't understand this. If you're simply referring to
> the CD player being busy, I'm not running the CD Player while
> recording.

Mark is referring to a problem many people have with the GNOME
desktop.  By default, it may run a background process to poll the CD
reader, checking if anything has been inserted in it, lately.  This is
almost a sure-fire trigger for lengthy overruns.

If you're not running X, you don't need to worry about it.

Good luck,
--
  Jack O'Quin
  Austin, Texas, USA