[linux-audio-user] Non-low latency "playing around"

Lonnie Borntreger audio at borntreger.com
Fri Feb 14 15:58:01 EST 2003

Before I go "all out" and build a low-latency kernel, shutdown 90% of my
system, and run jackd and ardour as root.......... I would like to be
able to just familiarize myself with the tools and technology.

So, is it possible, and if so, what are options to give jackd for things
like sample rate and such, that would work for a user in a
non-low-latency environment that would allow me to run some of the
plug-ins, ardour, and other jack enabled tools... kind of "test drive"
if you will... without causing a system crash.

Obviously, I wouldn't attempt to do any serious stuff until updating the
kernel and all the other stuff.

Thanks.
Lonnie Borntreger