[linux-audio-user] Need help - hardware recommendations

Rick Taylor ricktaylor at speakeasy.net
Fri Feb 14 16:33:01 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-02-14 at 12:44, Bryan Koschmann - GKT wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm a bit of a newbie (okay, REALLY newbie) when it comes to working with
> audio, but I am a strong linux user.
>
> Basically, I have the following:
>
> 2 - instrument microphone (XLR)
> 1 - vocal microphone (XLR)
> 1 - keyboard w/ midi interface
>
> I want to do some multitrack recording, using anywhere fmro 2-4 of the
> above items at once. I am getting ready to start building a dedicated box
> for this. So, what kind of hardware should I be looking at? I'm looking
> for something somewhat inexpensive (RME Hammerfall was about $600, Midiman
> delta 1010 LT was closer to $700, both too much).

Street prices are considerably less:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=030214125059066092132254565603/search/g=home?q=delta

http://www.zzounds.com/love.music?p=b.YAM,SC00&z=1616214763612

This strikes me as cool tho' it's listed as compatible but untested at
alsa.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=030214125059066092132254565603/search/g=rec/detail/base_id/101466

Same with this
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PRODIF96Pro/

 ^These guys are professional as hell, by the way... they've got a lot
of m-audio stuff too.

--
Rick Taylor <ricktaylor at speakeasy.net>
The Dispossessed