[linux-audio-user] Planet CCRMA Cmucl can't find core

Larry Troxler lt at westnet.com
Sat Feb 15 21:48:01 EST 2003

Before diving into my particular question, I want to say that planet CCRMA is
great! the documentation is superb - -

Just wondering if there is a quick, easy answer for this - the problem is that
after installing cmucl from planet CCRMA using apt-get, it doesn't run:
 ~ ~ ~
root at dhcp-25-2 root]# lisp
Could not open file "/usr/lib/cmucl/lisp.core".
Maybe you should run "update-alternatives --config cmucl-core" as root?
open: No such file or directory
[root at dhcp-25-2 root]#
~ ~ ~
[root at dhcp-25-2 root]# rpm -qa | grep cmucl
cmucl-3.1.4-1
[root at dhcp-25-2 root]# rpm -qi cmucl
Name        : cmucl                        Relocations: (not relocateable)
Version     : 3.1.4                             Vendor: (none)
Release     : 1                             Build Date: Fri 20 Dec 2002
04:01:30 PM EST
Install date: Sat 15 Feb 2003 09:06:10 PM EST      Build Host:
nando.stanford.edu
Group       : Development/Languages         Source RPM: cmucl-3.1.4-1.src.rpm
Size        : 944001                           License: see
/usr/share/doc/cmucl/copyright
Signature   : (none)
Packager    : Fernando Lopez-Lezcano <nando at ccrma.stanford.edu>
URL         : ftp://http.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/c/cmucl
Summary     : The CMUCL lisp compiler and development system.
Description :
CMUCL is a free implementation of the Common Lisp programming language
which runs on most major Unix platforms. It mainly conforms to the
ANSI Common Lisp standard (http://www.cons.org/cmucl/)

This is the basis package for CMUCL. It contains the base
image with the compiler, PCL (CLOS), and the tty based
debugger.

~ ~ ~

Best Regards

Larry Troxler