[linux-audio-user] Pop filter?

Rick Taylor ricktaylor at speakeasy.net
Mon Feb 17 12:15:01 EST 2003

On Mon, 2003-02-17 at 10:52, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> On 17 Feb 2003 10:22:25 -0600
> Rick Taylor <ricktaylor at speakeasy.net> wrote:
>
> >  I do know that if there were ports of d/noise {thats with a /} or
> > in-tune {with a - {I think. ...it looks as though they got run out
> > of business despite the fact that they made one of my favorite
> > sound sculpting tools. {Symphonic pieces in one pass from common
> > household white noise... you just can't beat it.}}} that life in
> > linux would be much, much easier.
> >
> >  What are you wanting to restore?
>
> e.g. vinyl and old tapes recordings

There's a ton of stuff in windows and mac. Cool edit has great noise
stuff for one thing. D/Noise is pretty easy though I've not exactly used
it for its intended purpose...

It's a real boon that audacity has it {noise reduction} on linux...
other than that maybe you could use something like Ceres or an audio
synth package with enough options to be practical for that sort of
thing? Maybe go with some high priced unix/hardware solution?

Personally, I'm thinking snd has major potential for that sort of
thing... It's extensible enough at any rate. :}

--
Rick Taylor <ricktaylor at speakeasy.net>
The Dispossessed