[linux-audio-user] Planet CCRMA Cmucl can't find core

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano nando at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Mon Feb 17 15:09:00 EST 2003

On Sat, 2003-02-15 at 18:44, Larry Troxler wrote:
> Before diving into my particular question, I want to say that planet CCRMA is
> great! the documentation is superb - -
>
> Just wondering if there is a quick, easy answer for this - the problem is that
> after installing cmucl from planet CCRMA using apt-get, it doesn't run:
>  ~ ~ ~
> root at dhcp-25-2 root]# lisp
> Could not open file "/usr/lib/cmucl/lisp.core".
> Maybe you should run "update-alternatives --config cmucl-core" as root?
> open: No such file or directory

You need to install one of the "core" packages as well as the base cmucl
package. There are three packages to choose from, normal, small and
fast. I would choose normal for "normal" use :-)

Just "apt-get install cmucl-normal" and off you go...

I'll add independent pages for cmucl and clist in the Planet CCRMA
pages. At this point I only have good docs for installing the CM/CLM/CMN
world, but not for the base cmucl/clisp packages... doh!

-- Fernando