[linux-audio-user] Mailing list for general music making questions?

Darren Landrum consul at studioconsul.net
Mon Feb 17 23:35:01 EST 2003

tompoe at renonevada.net writes:

> Hi:  I have experienced multiple sites/mail lists that musicians and
> artists go to to discuss their music and marketing and ideas.  So far,
> there's no general list that has the "feel" and "comfort" for newbies
> to  the recording movement, i.e., do-it-yourself movement.

I wasn't going just for the newbies, but also for experienced musicians
who just need a question answered. Whether that be a mailing list, a wiki,
or a message board. Any way we can all share knowledge and ask questions
(I'm leaning toward a wiki myself).

> Open Studios has a list called, community_studios at lists.ibiblio.org.
> This will eventually be populated by those who are using the free
> recording services of their local facilities, and will be asking such
> questions.

Any instructions on how to join your list? ;-)

> If the lau list is already fielding such topics, then that
> gives everyone a good resource to act as the definitive list to check.
> So, my preference is to let this list [ lau ] be a broader-based
> resource for the world community.  Go for it, Darren!  We support you.

Well, like I said above, I think a wiki would be a better option for what
I'm after. It would also be trivial to set up.

-- Darren