[linux-audio-user] Full Duplex woes

Chris grooveman at comcast.net
Mon Feb 24 19:12:01 EST 2003

Hi everyone...

This may sound like a stupid question to a bunch of pros like you... but...

I am trying something simple.  Soon, I will be building a system for home
recording... but for now...something simple.

Can anyone tell me how I might get my soundblaster live (emlu10k1) to duplex???

I have audacity installed, and krecord, neither will record anything!  I
hear my voice amplified throught he speakers, but I get nothing.

I am using OSS drivers, both the ones from the 2.4.19 kernel source and the
ones from sourceforge (most current).  No dice.  I tried the ALSA
drivers... but that was severl "tries" ago....

I know this isn't hard.. but I can't find any help on this anywhere!  Last
time I tried this salvation lay in the "full duplex" setting on kde... but
no dice this time...

Thanks in advance....

Chris