[linux-audio-user] Full Duplex woes

Jan "Evil Twin" Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Mon Feb 24 22:19:01 EST 2003

Sorry guys, I missed the obvious.  In Audacity, click on
File->Preferences.  Note that at the bottom of the page it says -
(Playing while recording does not work on most Unix systems, sorry...).
I am assuming that this means Linux.  I have only done multitrack
recording with SLab and Ardour.  If you're going to just record two
tracks of 16 bit 44.1KHz at once (while playing other tracks) SLab is
pretty good (it actually has some very nice effects built in).  If you
want to handle more tracks or more resolution you'll have to use Ardour
or something else.  Ardour is *not* trivial to set up (check my web page
http://myweb.cableone.net/eviltwin69/ALSA_JACK_ARDOUR.html).

Jan