[linux-audio-user] Full Duplex woes

Chris grooveman at comcast.net
Tue Feb 25 17:02:00 EST 2003

Thanks guys....

I will give it another go today.

I *had* this very card working with standard kernel oss drivers on a
Mandrake system...  So I know it is possible....  there is something I
don't know, moreso than an angle I haven't tried or a button I haven't
clicked.  Mandrake must have taken care of whatever it is.

I am using Gentoo linux.  Ever hear of it?  If not, check it out at
www.gentoo.org.  It is pretty cool stuff, but definitely more work to get
it going.  Mandrake was too bloaty and slow.

I was wondering if it is something at the kernel or module level where you
might do something like echo "1" >/dev/soundcard/duplex... that kind of
thing...

I *could* try ecasound, but what I really want is something easy.  I don't
even need multi-trak (yet).  The guy who is going to be using this
particular box is strictly vocals, and not particularly computer
literate.  I think ecasound would be too much. :0(

Thanks for all your help... I will give it another go.

Chris