[linux-audio-user] Need help - hardware recommendations

Jan "Evil Twin" Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Tue Feb 25 19:01:01 EST 2003

Thanks.  I have to admit, I got the mic idea from a recording magazine.
An engineer was saying that he only ever uses two overhead condenser
mics on drums and occasionally a mic on the kick.  His point was that
drums are *an* instrument, not a collection of instruments and that you
should hear them that way.  I thought that sounded pretty reasonable
(plus I only have the two condenser mics;).  I guess if your drummer is
bad enough that you need to mic every drum/cymbal and try to fix it in
the mix you need to get a better drummer.  I did have the mics set at
45.  I had heard that somewhere as well.  I can't recall where though.

Jan