[linux-audio-user] Full Duplex woes

Rick Taylor ricktaylor at speakeasy.net
Wed Feb 26 04:48:00 EST 2003

John Bleichert <syborg at stny.rr.com> writes:
> On 25 Feb 2003, Rick Taylor wrote:

> >  :} I'm trying to recompile the 2.4.18 kernel for k7 with xfs {do read the
> >  howto if you decide to try this... it'll save you massive recovery time.}
> >  and reiser as well as all of the patches for my hardware. {I'm in a
> >  terminal} I've actually got it working... It's just not real stable. {x
> >  doesn't seem to want to run with it {past the login, anyway...} Whether
> >  that's the dregs of my old system or an actual problem with the kernel...
> >  I don't know.
> >
>>  Does anyone know of any diagnostic software that will help me find out what
>>  the problem is?

> Are you trying to create an XFS root filesystem or a new XFS partition?
> 'Converting' a root filesystem is rather difficult, creating new
> partitions is a breeze. the XFS tools tarball comes with lots of xfs_*
> utilities.

 I have a couple of drives partitioned off... I know how to go through the
 whole mkfs thing... I think the problem I'm having is with the video modules
 I have installed.

 I was just wondering if there was some sort of software tool that can monitor
 the kernel and tell me when it's having problems and with what. {I guess
 that's what logs are for though, no? Still...} an instant fix would be nice...

> This is waay off-topic.

 It is about linux... and... it's about an SGI file system which makes
 it at least somewhat multimedia oriented...

 Fits under "linux audio" if nothing else. :}