[linux-audio-user] delta44 and direct recording

John Bleichert syborg at stny.rr.com
Wed Feb 26 17:12:01 EST 2003

Hello All

I'm evaluating a Delta44 sound card to use with Ardour and Audacity
(Audacity until Ardour stabilizes, and maybe afterward). I've grabbed the
manual for the 44 from the M-Audio site to check it out. The 2 example
recording layouts they provide in the manual require an M-Audio 'Audio
Buddy' (or something like it) to get a proper line level.

now, I've been recording with my SBLive for a coupla years now and my
guitar multi-effects pedal has given me the line level Ive needed. Will I
actually need one of these Audio Buddy preamps? What have been the
experiences here with and without them? Any? Also, I'll be adding a
Behringer mixer to the setup - will I be able to drive the appropriate
levels into the Delta44 from mic'ed guitar, bass, drums and vocals?

Do I really need this Audio Buddy thing? It seems rather odd that it would
be required and not a word about it spoken on the Dellta44's website.

It was my intention to run all the instruments into the mixer (e.g. the
Behringer UB1204) and then from the mixer to the inputs on the Delta44. Is
this idea flawed?

Advice appreciated. I'm willing to spend a few bucks on the card and mixer
but I want to make sure I'm getting what I want.

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions - JB

#  John Bleichert
#  http://vonbek.dhs.org/latest.jpg