[linux-audio-user] delta44 and direct recording

Richard Seymour nutate at speakeasy.net
Wed Feb 26 18:04:01 EST 2003

John Bleichert wrote:

>Hello All
>
>I'm evaluating a Delta44 sound card to use with Ardour and Audacity
>(Audacity until Ardour stabilizes, and maybe afterward). I've grabbed the
>manual for the 44 from the M-Audio site to check it out. The 2 example
>recording layouts they provide in the manual require an M-Audio 'Audio
>Buddy' (or something like it) to get a proper line level.

I'm not completely sure, but I think the Behringer will do the preamping
that you need.  I guess the audiobuddy can provide phantom power if your
mic(s) need it.

I am also very close to getting the Delta44 (or maybe the 66, but I
already have spdif)... so I'll be interested to see how your's and
other's set-ups work.

-Rich

ps (did i intentionally unsubscribe to this list last year? or was there
some problem?)