[linux-audio-user] delta44 and direct recording

Ross Vandegrift ross at willow.seitz.com
Wed Feb 26 18:09:01 EST 2003

On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 04:49:08PM -0500, John Bleichert wrote:
> Do I really need this Audio Buddy thing? It seems rather odd that it would
> be required and not a word about it spoken on the Dellta44's website.

No - it's certainly optional.  The Audio Buddy is just a cheap,
two-channel mic-pre.  The manual for the Delta44 probably includes that
in the diagram so there's a mic example for the soundcard.

> It was my intention to run all the instruments into the mixer (e.g. the
> Behringer UB1204) and then from the mixer to the inputs on the Delta44. Is
> this idea flawed?

Nope - you'll be using the pre's on your mixer this way, and then line
level out to the Delta44.  Should work fine.

For what it's worth though, I've listened to some recordings with the
Audio Buddy (at www.thelisteningsessions.com, which you should all go
check out) and for a cheap pre, it sounds damn nice.
Anyone here have one?  Any comments on it?

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at willow.seitz.com

A Pope has a Water Cannon.                               It is a Water Cannon.
He fires Holy-Water from it.                        It is a Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses it.                                 It is a Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses the Hell out of it.          It is a Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He has it pierced.                It is a Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He makes it official.       It is a Canon Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
Batman and Robin arrive.                                       He shoots them.