[linux-audio-user] Full Duplex woes

Rick Taylor ricktaylor at speakeasy.net
Fri Feb 28 05:09:01 EST 2003

John Bleichert <syborg at stny.rr.com> writes:

> If you're using e.g. the kernel drivers from nVidia, you'll need to
> download the source tarballs for them from nVidia's site. The drivers are
> tied tightly to the kernel version, and must be rebuilt each time you
> rebuild your kernel.
>
> Assuming the nvidia drivers, just keep the 2 source directories around
> from the GLX and kernel drivers, and just jump in there and 'make install'
> real quick each time you rebuild your kernel.

 No... I've got an old 3dfx Banshee... gl... the drivers have been
 working better than the ones it shipped with.

 For the time being, I've killed it though. I've spent too much
 time at that and not enough trying to glue snd and common music
 to scwm {with emacs, texemacs ...maybe lilypond or musictex, moho
 and guile in there as well.} I just set up a stock thing...

 {I found this nifty scheme-like animation language/system called
 al {one of the first links under animation at linuxlinks.com} .
 ...Considering the possibilities of scheme and common music...
 and... how much I like all of the above mentioned apps..It seems
 as though it will make the ideal system for me.}

 Thanks though.

 Anyone know of synths or sequencers that will tie into the above mess?