[linux-audio-user] new to linux audio

Emiliano Grilli emillo at libero.it
Fri Feb 28 08:49:00 EST 2003

venerdì, 28 febbraio 2003 alle 14:10:22, Kai Vehmanen ha scritto:
> Yes, the latest Planet's ST package now contains JACK support. All 2.2
> versions of ecasound have JACK transport support, but I recommend using
> 2.2.1 (also in Planet), especially for slave mode operation.
>
> To try out transport stuff with ecasound, see:
>  http://boudicca.tux.org/hypermail/jackit-devel/2002-Sep/0074.html

  Kai,
  thank you very much for your reply, IIUC now ST and ecasound can be used
  together as a very cool (and somewhat unusual) multitrack environment;

  I used to play xm's in ST and record live acoustic instruments with
  arecord, and then load the resulting wav on ST.
  The big problem is that syncronization must be achieved by hand, cutting
  unwanted silence at the begining of the wav, with little precision
  (especially if the recorded part doesn't start on beat).

  Now (correct me if I'm wrong) I should be able to record with a starting
  point that is absolutely precise because there is a shared
  "transport protocol" between ST and ecasound, right?

> But, but, I must again warn that this is very new stuff, so don't get your
> hopes too high (just yet). :)

  Now I'm not at home so I can't try it out, but I'm sure that this is
  (or will be) a "killer feature" that enrichs two of my favourite linux
  audio apps.

  MANY THANKS to you and all the LAD people

  Ciao

--
  | Emiliano Grilli       |