[linux-audio-user] [OT] venting re: Mandrake 8.2

Chris Cannam cannam at all-day-breakfast.com
Fri Feb 28 12:50:59 EST 2003

Dave Phillips wrote:
> Austin Acton wrote:
>
> [re: GCC 2.96 error]
>
>>You're likely missing some packages.  Did you install the development suite?
>
> The whole enchilada, yep.

This sounds familiar.  The most unhelpful FAQ we've ever written:

  http://www.all-day-breakfast.com/rosegarden/faq.html#toc13

We had reports of absolutely troublefree Mandrake 8.2 development
environment installs, and other reports (including from one of the
other RG developers) of people wasting weeks trying to configure a
workable environment and just giving up.  I guess it must be
something pretty obvious, just not quite obvious enough.

Chris