[linux-audio-user] poor audio quality in tX?

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Fri Jan 3 23:36:01 EST 2003

Brian Redfern wrote:
> I don't think that's it. Maybe its the audio file type? tX just uses
> libogg to playback ogg files and I've actually gotten really great audio
> quality with ogg and mp3. Also with wave files, same deal. Sounds more
> like a misconfiguration in the buffer in tX.

This is truely odd. It turns out that tX doesn't work well with my usb
device. Playing through the onboard chip gives perfect sound quality.
It's probably something to do with using a usb mouse.

Thanks for the insights.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
For the discerning hardware connoisseur

Being on stage with the band in front of crowds shouting, "Get off! No!
We want normal music!", I think that was more like acting than anything
I've ever done.

Goldie, 8 Nov, 2002
The Scotsman