[linux-audio-user] Re: [Alsa-devel] alsaplayer not working with alsa?

Mark Knecht mknecht at controlnet.com
Tue Jan 7 12:36:01 EST 2003

No, alsaplayer works fine when jack is running, just not without jack.

The card is the new HDSP 9652. I think the mixer stuff is disabled since
Paul hasn't received technical info from RME. (This is my understanding
anyway.)

And the problem isn't that I don't get sound, it's that there are error
messages. Steve Harris did suggest that possibly the error message was
created by the HDSP driver not returning an value or something, but I'm
afraid at that point I glazed over and just decided to run jack all the time
to get past this.

I'll forward asound.state along later when I'm back at that machine.

Thanks Takashi-san!

With best regards,
Mark