usb-audio feedback was Re: [linux-audio-user] poor audio quality in tX?

iriXx m at irixx.org
Mon Jan 13 07:15:01 EST 2003

hi,

i'm just checking the archives re: patrick's problem with audio quality
under X, as my quattro is configured ok now but making only loud
feedback noise when i go to play anything....

my mouse section in XF86Config-4 is as follows:

Section "InputDevice"
     Identifier "Mouse1"
     Driver "mouse"
     Option "Protocol" "PS/2"
     Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
     Option "Emulate3Buttons"
     Option "Emulate3Timeout" "50"
EndSection

i'm using the trackpoint on my thinkpad 600E - should i change any of this?

i think i'm using gdm as well - at least, i have a file called
/etc/gdm-root.conf - no /etc/gdm.conf tho....

please help.... i'm really stumped for what might be causing all the
feedback noise as its never happened before in mdk 8.2.... everything
was fine there....

im using supplied alsa rpms from mandrake 9.0 (there was a long
discussion on the pros and cons of this before, have gone with the rpms,
against my preference but because its hard to extract them once
installed)....

thanx

m~

--
iriXx
www.iriXx.org

copyleft: creativity, technology and freedom?
info at copyleftmedia.org.uk
www.copyleftmedia.org.uk

  _
( )  ascii ribbon against html email