[linux-audio-user] Re: signal processing kits

Fabio de Matos fabio.matos at terra.com.br
Tue Jan 14 11:18:01 EST 2003

> > 	Sounds good enough! Can it be used in real time ? Could i use it to
> > enhance LADSPA?
>
> I doubt it. The main problem is that these C++ classes probably do a lot
> of allocation/deallocation which is always a bad idea in a real time
> situation.

	I sure know about it. That's why i need low level code in first place,
to avoid any kind of overhead.

> > 	I'm not afraid of learning new languages anymore, but surely i don't
> > have the time either... it takes a while to master it.
>
> I learnt the basics of Python in about 4 hours. Within another 3 hours I had
> my first useful Python script. Obviously the more complicated stuff like the
> Python numerical extension would take far more time.
>
> Erik
> --

	I will consider looking at it. What are the reasons to use python
instead of c++? I have some experience in c++ code but has never seen
python, nor used any of its tools... and i sure would need the numerical
extension you mentioned.

	Cheers
	Fabio,