[linux-audio-user] midi sequencing

Chris Cannam cannam at all-day-breakfast.com
Thu Jan 16 10:21:01 EST 2003

[cc'ing rosegarden-user at lists.sf.net, in case someone there knows
better than I do on any of this.  You might consider subscribing to
rg-user for this level of discussion about Rosegarden.  See link on
Rosegarden homepage at http://www.all-day-breakfast.com/rosegarden]

John D. Barnett wrote:
> Rosegarden (4-0.8-2)
>
> Is it possible to change the note/voice used by the metronome?

Not using the GUI, although this is one of the longer-standing open
feature requests and it will doubtless be addressed before long:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=630000&group_id=4932&atid=354932

You can do it rather painfully by editing the autoload.rg file that
Rosegarden installs (it's a gzipped XML file) and changing the
attributes of the metronome element.  That will only affect new
compositions or MIDI data imported over new compositions, though,
not existing .rg files.

> Also, there's an echo when I play the keyboard-- is Rosegarden echoing
> the midi input? How can I turn this off?
>
> There's a tutorial that refers to the "studio", but I can't find it; is
> this in a newer version? I'd like to set up the instrument definitions
> for the Roland RD-600 (does anyone have a file of this?)

Most of the Studio GUI stuff is new in 0.8.5, which was released
a few weeks ago.  (I thought PlanetCCRMA had 0.8.5 already?)  That
certainly includes device program mapping setup, and I think it
also includes the MIDI Thru filter which is probably what you
want to prevent the echo you're hearing.

I'd be surprised if there's a Rosegarden device file for the RD-600
out there yet, but I don't know.  If you make one, please let us know.

Chris