[linux-audio-user] Terratec 24/96 slight speed adjustment

Jonathan Turner joturner at vt.edu
Thu Jan 16 22:45:00 EST 2003

On Thursday 16 January 2003 21:57, Jan \"Evil Twin\" Depner wrote:
> Jonathan,
>
> 	Here's the deal.  You have mp3s/oggs at 44100 but your cards internal
> clock is set to 48000.  If you're using ALSA 0.9rc6 you're sort of
> hosed.  The quick answer is to run envy24control (from alsa-tools) and
> set the internal clock (it defaults to 48000) to S/PDIF In and then set
> it to 44100.  If you try to set it directly to 44100 it won't take.
> This bug is fixed in the latest ALSA CVS.  You can download that and
> build/install it.  Set envy24control to where you want it (set out 1 and
> 2 to Digital Mix for no latency monitoring) then do alsactl store (as
> root).  You need to run alsactl restore on boot to go back to these
> settings.  Fun, fun, fun!
>
> Jan

Excellent!  That seems to have fixed it, I tried setting that setting since I
saw it in the alsamixer utility, but since it wouldn't let met switch it
there I assumed it couldn't be changed.

Any other reasons to use the alsa cvs over the rc6 besides that bugfix?  If
so, and there isn't any stability I might as well just move over to the cvs.

Thanks again(happily starts up a song or two)

Jonathan