[linux-audio-user] Which audio card to use?

Christian Schoenebeck christian.schoenebeck at epost.de
Sun Jan 19 11:29:01 EST 2003

Es geschah am Donnerstag, 16. Januar 2003 23:51 als Jan \"Evil Twin\" Depner
schrieb:
> Joe,
>
> 	ALSA 0.9rc6 is fubar for ice1712 but the latest CVS works fine.
> Envy24control had some problems but when I talked it over with Jaroslav
> he asked me to download the latest and check it.  All is well.  No
> problems now.

I also downloaded the latest Envy24control (alsa-tools-0.9.0rc6), but it's
not working for me - at least not with ALSA 0.9rc6. The VU meters work, but
changing a slider or mute button for example does not have any effect.

And that is actually a bad situation as it seems that all outputs of the
delta interface are set to max. volume by default. I had to regulate the
input amplifiers of my (external) mixer to zero (!) and it's still indicating
that the input levels are too high!!! Or is this because I use unbalanced
audio cables to connect the delta with my mixer? (the delta 1010 has balanced
outputs)

And another problem is the default clock rate of 48kHz. Setting the master
clock to a value doesn't work. Clicking at 'Word Clock' decreases it, but to
a widely too low value - sounds like 32kHz or something...

So I guess I have to wait for the next Alsa release and a new Debian package,
cause compiling from CVS is too dirty for me.