[linux-audio-user] Rhodes sound

Larry Troxler lt at westnet.com
Sun Jan 19 12:28:01 EST 2003

Guy Clotilde wrote:

> On/le Sat, 18 Jan 2003 09:59:45 -0500
> Larry Troxler <lt at westnet.com> wrote / a écrit quelque chose comme:
>

> >  Something interesting about the Rhodes electric piano, I found, was
> >  that I played it quite differently from the way I would play an
> >  accoustic piano.
>
> The keys are lighter weighted too, between an organ and a classical piano. That leaded to a whole different way to play it.

Really? I remember the Rhodes action being quite muddy and heavy, to the
point that it required some real finger muscles.

> I like to compare the difference between an accoustic and an electric guitar.
> I wanted to add that the Rhodes is my alltime favourite instrument and that it's perfect for funk :)

Yup, just be carefull venturing more than an octave above middle C.
That's where you get into "light jazz" territory and you have to know
what you're doing there. Then again Chic Corea never had a problem
there, but I'm quite sure he knew what he was doing.

> Pardon my bad english.

It's fine

Larry