[linux-audio-user] seeking a software sampler for Linux

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Jan 20 05:44:01 EST 2003

Hallo,
Florian Berger hat gesagt: // Florian Berger wrote:

> I?m searching for some kind of a HALion replacement on Linux. Just a
> simple engine that responses to MIDI Note on/off and Main Volume per
> channel, and that can be triggered using some sequencer (as MUSE or
> Rosegarden).
>
> Any hint would be greatly appreciated.

Apart from the suggestions regarding 'single task' apps, I'd like to add
modular systems like Pd, SSM, AMS,... Building a simple sampler is the most
basic job in those (at least in Pd, I can't actually speak for the
others)

In Pd you also get soundfont support via iiwu-externals and of course
it responds to all kinds of Midi messages, even in unsusal ways, if you
want that.

ciao